S&N

5.6.09

Something unapologetically shit for a friday...


Take Jason Mraz, Jack Johnson and Paolo Nutini. Shove 'em all together. Squeeze the shit out of them. And what have you got left? Steve Appleton. Designed to appeal almost exclusively to posh kids who think dropping the word 'rave' gives them cool and credibility, this is execrable and unforgivable. We're not sure what planet Steve so-called Appleton is living on, but clearly he has gotten the definition of 'rave' wrong. A rave doesn't usually involve acoustic guitar, strumming or trilbies. It involves killer drugs, neon, basslines that will make you go deaf, and sometimes middle aged people blowing whistles, in a desperate attempt to cling onto their youth. Anyway... here are the 20 worst lyrics from this song (yes it's that bad):
  1. "Listen up, I feel a little drunk"
  2. "Let's speed up the drums and create dirty funk"
  3. "One for the women, holding VK"
  4. "I say, I'm feelin' it, feelin' the dirty funk stuff...
  5. "...that we're dealin' with"
  6. "Well I hope you brought your game shoes..."
  7. "Cause this dirty funk's what we're gonna have a rave to"
  8. "Cause it's dirty funk, it's up and away"
  9. "And we turn up the drums and have a little rave"
  10. "To another place and they rave, they rave"
  11. "We're too busy havin' a rave and head boppin' it"
  12. "He came over like, "Bruv, that's my girlfriend""
  13. "Dud dud dud dud dudeee"
  14. "See me sippin' on vodka Red Bull"
  15. "Got to do a dance, cause that's what my heart says"
  16. "Rave it up, dirty funk in the mix"
  17. "Pull out my dance moves and other dirty tricks"
  18. "Cause I know, I know, you'll be raving it up"
  19. "Everybody point to the stars"
  20. "Hmm hmm they rave yeah yeah"

No comments:

Post a Comment